There are multiple quick methods to obtain your real estate license. You may need to spend at least 54 hours in an authorized curriculum as per different real estate programs. On average, an individual may take up to four months to obtain their real estate license. Plus, it might be possible to complete the criteria considerably faster.
On the basis of licensing requirements in your state, the United States includes between 48 to 160 hours of formal training. Apart from an exam, obtaining a real estate license in California may take up to three to six months. With this, you can legally sell, rent, or negotiate on behalf of a real estate agency to prospective buyers and tenants. This activity will require a certified real estate license, and the requirements will vary from state to state.
In this guide, we’ll learn about the different ways to obtain your real estate license as an agent quickly. Also, we’ll explore some common considerations, basics, and requirements to understand the concept briefly.
Let’s learn more!
Options to get a real estate license
- Option 1:
You need to attend real estate school to become an agent, whether online or in person. Then pass the required state exam. Most states will need you to spend at least several months studying. Mainly, 48 states may require education before taking the exam. Some may even require both education and examination before licensing. This might be the reason why they have higher requirements for prospective agents.
- Option 2:
The second way to become a licensed real estate agent is by completing a state-approved licensing training course. In some states, the pre-licensing courses may be as lengthy and intensive as you’ll find in a traditional real estate school. In other states, these are much shorter.
Note* In all cases, you should never forget to fulfil the state’s education requirements before sitting for the exam to obtain your real estate license.
Considerations and basics about a real estate license
Procedure and qualifications: The procedure, fees, timeline, and qualifications to obtain a real estate license may vary from state to state. Therefore, it is essential to know precisely what you need to begin this exciting career.
Cost: The cost of obtaining a real estate license may vary depending on where you take the mandatory course. You need to add the additional cost of the following:
- Real estate license application
- Background check
- State licensing exam fees
Courses: Some states may offer online courses to meet these requirements. On the other hand, other states may want to take the real estate exam in person and at a location where it is scheduled to be taken. A licensed real estate broker recognized by the state in which they practice is known as a real estate agent. You need to know that only the members of the National Association of Realtors have permission to use the title “real estate agent.”
Typical requirements in different US regions
What do you need to get a permit from the broker’s office? Let’s explore below.
Most states may require,
- A college degree to learn the basics of real estate such as deeds, ownership, contracts, and property ownership.
- Permanent residency in the state where you are applying for the licensure.
- The minimum age should be 18 years or above.
- Criminal background check.
- You can complete the courses online or in person. But remember that your state’s real estate licensing board should approve the school and course.
Note* Always ensure the school is recognized and accredited by your state before paying for the course.
Potential factors to consider before getting a real estate license
The process of getting a real estate license will allow you to continue your real estate studies and potentially find new deals. However, aspiring real estate agents might want to consider several things before doing so. First, you need to find a course for real estate license. If you are interested in getting your real estate license, here are some factors to consider:
- The Course Load: Investors might be familiar with the industry. The best thing is they do not underestimate the amount of studying you will have to put in throughout the process.
- Your Schedule: Ensure you have time to complete the necessary steps to become a real estate agent. Account for different courses, exams, and application processes.
- Business Goals: Evaluate your investment business and figure out how becoming a real estate agent will benefit your career.
- Potential Profits: Always consider your motivations for getting a real estate license and determine how the potential profits could boost your business.
- Education Style: Look into the mandatory courses in your state. Plus, explore whether online or in-class options will be better for you.
Let’s wrap it up! Do take good care to learn all the basics and explore everything so that you won’t face any problems. Pass your real estate license exam and obtain your license quickly!